Thursday, July 21, 2005

Harry Potter Mania

I really had no plans of buying from here the new Harry Potter book, thinking that I can wait anyway until the paperback version would come out. So on the eve of the day it was released, I just watched amused in CNN that millions of people had preordered the book while others are waiting in line way before store opening time just to buy it.

So I was really caught by surprise when I strolled by the mall the next day and saw stacks of the new Harry Potter book. It interested me because of two things: (1) it was the English edition (the only English book for sure in that store, if not, in the whole area), and (2) it was only 16 euros, around 400 pesos lower when you buy it from Powerbooks (of course I just had to text my friend Jerinne, another Harry Potter avid reader to get the price). I'm sure you can guess what happened next!

But I swear, I did try to control myself in finishing the book quickly, kaya nga it took me around 5 late nights (and feeling groggy at work in the mornings).

It really is a good read, of course, although the ending wouldnt exactly make you feel lighthearted (no more details to those who havent read it, don't worry!).

Ah but I can't wait for the next installment. And while I don't like the movie versions at all, for sure we will catch the first day of showing with the best seats we can find.

1 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger Marj and Carlos said...

Just finished the book din. I thought it was a weak ending. Pero siempre excited pa rin ako for the next installment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home