Updates..Updates...
It's been more than a week since I arrived back home in Manila, and with all the activities here and there, it is only now that I am able to update our blog.
One planned activity didnt push through though...and that is our pre-nups. We had it scheduled already with Lee Llamas that we will be having our studio and outdoor pics taken last Friday, and as luck would have it, Bagyong Huaning chose that day to pass through the Philippines. Fortunately, Laser made the decision to have the pre-nups cancelled the day before (I am clueless with regards to predicting the weather)...saving us from feeling gloomy or getting drenched had we proceeded with it. So now I have to wait until October or November to have it scheduled again.
So far, we have accomplished a lot already...I had my first fitting yesterday with Veluz! Gosh it certainly was exciting, feeling bride na talaga! It was so funny, Nikko was teaching me how to this kind of maarte but subtle back kicking of the gown while walking, so that the gown wouldnt go in the way.
The gown itself is long kasi (Veluz said she can shorten the length for me if I want, pero sympre dahil feeling mala-Cinderella ako, I said na I prefer the current length hehe)...wala pa yung train dun, and the veil is even longer. Next week, I will have my second fitting, and it will already be made of gazaar na, but of course wala pa nung embellishments and stuff...o, I won't go na into the details of the design na ha, para surprise to everyone, di ba.We also decided to have our wedding preps venue changed. We will now have it at Manila Peninsula, instead of at The Legend Villas, our reception venue. To be honest, I have this thing with Manila Penn, ewan ko ba, it is my absolute fave of a hotel. Too bad we can't have our reception there...not only do we want an intimate wedding with 100-150 guests only (I think they only get a min of 150), and also at the time we inquired, we were in the wait list already and we didnt want to go through the hassle of pursuing it pa. Anyway, with the help of a w@w friend, we learned about The Legend Villas, and promptly fell in love with it upon seeing the place.
Anyway, so now we have bookings with Manila Penn for our wedding preps. I'm glad we were able to reserve this early.
And we have also booked our makeup artist! I had three trial makeups, saving the best for last (parang biased na ano hehe). Right now as I am writing this, I feel all sophisticated and glammed up, as I'm still wearing the hair and makeup done by....Noel Jimenez (he's with Patrick Rosas)!
Gosh, I made no hesitation in booking him on the spot. His makeup is very natural looking, polished, clean and sophisticated. A more glamorous version of me...but still me.
Ewan ko ba, depending on the makeup kasi, you can make me look like kung sinong artista...be it Lorna T., Gladys Reyes, Rica Paralejo, Janine Desiderio...you get what I mean. With Noel's makeup, I can still recognize myself in the mirror, and it looks really great on camera too, from all angles! He also did my hair very well...it's very clean and 'together'-looking.We also got to finalize the fabric swatches of the entourage gowns with Minette. It's different seeing the bundles of the fabrics to be used, you can already imagine how beautiful the colors would turn out. Minette's new sketches also seem to leap out of the pages...she really does sketches very well.
O di ba, we really accomplished a lot in the two weeks...will try to include some pics here next time!


1 Comments:
Hi Layah. Welcome back to Manila. HAd my fitting with Veluz also. I was excited bout it rin. hehehe. How long will you be here?
Post a Comment
<< Home