Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Getting an OTD

We now have an OTD coordinator!

After much thought, we decided to get a wedding coordination service. Initially, we really had no plans of getting one, as I had my friend Vicky, who I have no doubt can pull it off. However, as the months went by, I realized that since I only get to be in Manila for two or three weeks at a time, and with Vicky based in Cebu, it seems impossible for us to meet before the wedding, what more find a common time with my other friends who will be helping Vicky out. With a thousand more details to see through, we were getting overwhelmed. Also, Laser is left to do all the legwork and follow-ups in Manila, and it is getting more difficult for me to coordinate everything from here. Email, text, chat and calls can only do so much, what with the time difference and with both of us swamped with work. Definitely it is time to call for reinforcements.

The first screening I did is to make a shortlist of candidates, based on w@w feedbacks, and personal recommendation from friends. And then I emailed them to send me their packages. Out of the six, half answered back. I was quite disappointed that the coordinator I was silently rooting for did not answer back (and I made sure I got the email addresses right!). We came to two theories for those who didn’t answer back: (1) they still don’t get how the Internet has evolved to be a valuable tool for business and communication (esp. in this case, for brides overseas!); or (2) maybe they simply have many clients already and so has this somewhat snotty attitude of not caring for email inquiries. Well, whatever their reason is, it got them kicked off our list.;)

And so we got three coordinators to choose from...and Laser set out to meet with them. We finally decided on getting You’re Invited Wedding and Events Specialists, Van Manuel’s team. Laser felt more comfortable with her and we can see all her efforts with her prompt response to calls/email/text. One thing I really liked about her is that even if we were already considering a some sort of a ‘halfway done’ coordination service, which would of course mean more profit for her, she still said that she will make a recommendation of the best package for us after she meets with Laser.

It turned out that we only need the OTD service, as we have accomplished a lot already. As of looking for and booking of the other suppliers and the following-up with the existing ones (appointments and such), they will still be helping out with these…and much more.

Of course, the ‘final exam’ would be on our big day…which I’m relying on Van and her team not just to pass, but to prevail with flying colors.

1 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Marj and Carlos said...

That's my criteria din. If the supplier can't email me back, then I automatically scratch them off the list kahit na well known pa sila. If they can be cavalier about inquiries then they'll probably treat yout he same way later on as well. Glad that you have an OTD na.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home