Friday, February 10, 2006

A Week to Go!

It’s a week to go before our wedding and here I am still stuck in the office.;) Oh well it’s my last day today here before we take our leaves. Starting tomorrow we can focus our energies on the wedding preps.
While all the major preparations are more or less okay already (except the missalette, which is my “assignment” for so long already but I haven’t started on yet), it is still overwhelming on how you still have to take care of such small details which collectively takes a lot of time and effort.
In this last leg of our preparations, I was, and still am, so touched with all the efforts that Laser has given to ensure that we have everything ready. With me in Germany in January to the first week of February, he was the one who took care of everything from the invitations, hotel and honeymoon reservations, coordinating with suppliers, and a lot more wedding tasks. He told me he had a difficult time trying to sleep because he was worried of all the things that have to be done, mentally listing down the tasks to do.
Alone he created our RSVP cards which looked so nicely done that you wouldn’t think that it is not part of the invitation that we had professionally printed out. I know he spent around three nights trying to lay it out perfectly, printing, and manually cutting each card. And that is aside from the time he spent scouting around malls looking for a paper which can match the invites.
To think he has done all these on top of his work and managing his team. I know he goes home late from work tired…yet he still musters energy to do wedding tasks and fuss about it. He does not even get to rest during weekends because then he has to meet with suppliers, visit my family, and do other wedding and non-wedding tasks (oh, and on top of his on-call client support).
As always, I feel so lucky and blessed to have him in my life. Every chance that I have, I thank God for giving me such a wonderful, understanding, caring, patient and so much more! person to share my whole life with. Now that I think about it, I wish that February 18 is much more nearer now than a week to go…