Updates! Finally!
It's been a quite awhile since I last gave an update in our wedding preps. The two weeks I was in Manila was really hectic that i didnt have the time to take a breather to write about it. & of course, for the past weeks since I've come back here in Frankfurt, things have been kind of toxic at work, that i have to drag myself to cook dinner at home (rather, the hotel) and not fall asleep.
With this, I’ll do a rundown of some of our accomplishments. So as not to wear your patience, I’ll break it down and start off with our Canonical Interview:
We really prepared a lot for our interview, having heard the feedback that Fr. Vic, the parish priest at NSDG, will be asking questions such as The Ten Commandments, Beatitudes, and on other Catholic beliefs, prayers, and practices. Parang preparing talaga for final exams, Laser and I quizzed each other questions, from simple Catechism-type questions to explaining doctrine such as the meaning of the sacraments of Marriage and Confirmation.
At NSDG, we were the 6th couple in line. We each answered a questionnaire, which basically underlines Catholic beliefs in marriage. When we were called to Fr. Vic’s office, of course, medyo kinabahan na ako. I mean, what if we don’t pass or something? I half jokingly told Van (our coordinator) one time that she also be prepared in case we will need to shift the plan to a civil wedding hehe.
Fr. Vic was in his desk when we entered his office. He looked over the questionnaire cover, and started of with the question, “Talaga Laser ang pangalan mo? May Laser na pala nun?” Alrighty… so for the next few minutes we discussed Laser’s name (how about my name? isn’t that unique enough for him? hehe na-KSP yata ako) and the difficulties with having his baptismal name different from that in the birth certificate. He then proceeded with asking us why we want to get married at NSDG and how we heard about. I thought, ‘oh no, that’s his opening na to the questions’…I felt my heart beat fast everytime I see him shuffling our questionnaires. Then the conversation shifted, and somehow, he and Laser found out that they were both Bisaya. So of course, typically, they launched to having a lively conversation in Bisaya (I was like, okay, medyo OP na ata ako)…and after that, he signed off the papers already. Ayos!
So now, Laser is thinking of getting him to officiate our wedding…talaga naman, nagbonding ba?
Our review didn’t go to waste though, at least now we both have a deeper understanding and appreciation of the doctrines, and oh, along with small details like who our new Archbishop is, and the names of the 10 Apostles! That is, we should still remember those details, I mean, it’s still somewhere there right….arrgghh…that’s the problem with cramming, you easily forget after awhile, pretty much like those formulas for getting stress or friction or whatever…haha no wonder palpakers ako sa mga E.S. (Eng’g Science) subjects ko nun!
But then I’m digressing…so anyway, that’s it for now, couldn’t help not retelling the details, it’s just what makes the experience more memorable and worth sharing..:) More updates next time!


2 Comments:
hi layah! unique nga name nyo ni laser eh! at least now comfortable na kayo with your priest. to answer you question, i only had my warts cauterized at lets face it, it's inside most sm and robinsons mall. it's the most convenient place for me than going to medical city. had three sessions, per area ako nagpa treat (neck and chest, then face, then back.) haven't pushed with the third session as i was so busy lately. i feel clean after the 7 days healing period, feeling ko, wala akong kamark mark sa body.
Ahehe... "So now, Laser is thinking of getting him to officiate our wedding…talaga naman, nagbonding ba?"
haha!
Post a Comment
<< Home